I learned this from my father: We are not here simply for ourselves. He revels in other's successes and happiness; he comforts and helps in hard times. He doesn't gloat about his good fortune. He can't stand elitists or braggarts. He gives in to pride in private. An ardent feminist, Solomonesque in his capacity to understand human nature and dole out useful advice, I've cobbled together a list of my favourite bits of Pappy wisdom, in all its ESL musical glory.
TOP TEN LIST OF PAPPY WISDOM
1) Worry no change nothing.
2) Do you best, that's all you can be do.
3) Stay way from the stupid people.
4) Some people just to make the problem, leave they alone. No pay tension.
5) Try an help the people, no put the people down.
6) Look in the mirror an say, "Hey, I'm maybe no the best, but I canned be the worse."
7) Go outside. Go buy a coffee at Tim Horton and forget what's happen.
8) We no live in the third world. Look the problems they have.
9) Like the English say, "Take one step in a time. Take one day a time." Nobody knows the future. You don't know tomorrow will be better or worse.
10) Ask Jesus for the help. Say, "Jesus, I'm try and do my best, please show me the way for fix this problem."